I’m a Non-Vegetarian but I’ve never seen a bird being killed.Posted: July 4, 2012
Photo Via Looseends
I am a meat eater and have been all my life.
When vegetarians ask me why, I respond with the following 3 main arguments:
1) We are the top of the food chain and are designed to eat meat.
2) Animals are stupid and probably don’t notice/feel pain.
3) If I don’t eat it some-one else will. It’s already dead after all.
But am I kidding myself?
1) We are the top of the food chain, but just because we have the tools to kill does that mean we should?
2) Animals don’t feel pain…yet have you seen an animal being killed?
3) It’s already dead after all…what about supply and demand?
So there you have it, the entire vegetarian vs non vegetarian argument summed up in six sentences.
Putting all that aside, it occurred to me, however, that as some-one who eats meat, I have absolutely no idea how that meat ends up on my plate.
If we are brave enough to eat meat, we really should be brave enough to kill it ourself..
I’m not asking you to kill, I’m asking you to watch it be killed. Give a few minutes and watch at the very least one of these three videos to hear out the millions of animals we’ve eaten.
Don’t delay it, make an excuse or ignore it as I have done for many years. Just watch it.
“Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind” John Tillotson
“Ignorance is not bliss. It’s blind.”
For those of you are brave enough to kill a chicken yourself, cut it’s head off, it’s feet and legs off, cut it’s belly open and rip out the intestines, heart and lungs and then shove it in the oven, a step by step method on how to do this can be found here.
Is it morally wrong to eat meat?
I don’t know.
Will I stop eating meat?
I don’t know
Is what we do to animals just so we can have a tasty meal cruel?
Can we survive healthily without cutting necks and ripping out hearts and intestines?
Photo Via Voodoo@zjy
Photo Via Carstenfonsdal
Photo Via Xin Li 88